Article: Start of School Year / Transportation

Start of School Year / Transportation

Posted Wednesday, August 12, 2020

District Families,


I would like to say thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to navigate uncharted waters of starting a school-year under these conditions. I know that there are parents that want their kids physically back in school and I know that there are others that have chosen to go to school online. Those that have chosen online should have received an informational email yesterday about this option. About 22% of our students choose this option; therefore, we were able to utilize our own teachers to facilitate these online classes. Additionally, due to the percent going online, we will better be able to social distance the remaining 78% of our students, especially as we return with a phased-in start of half of those students. We have tried our best to provide the best options available for all of our students and to do it safely.


Start of School Year

We are still planning on starting the school year in a phased-in return of 50% of our in-person students with grades 1-12 returning on August 17 (A-K) and the other 50% returning on August 18 (L-Z). Student attendance at school will be staggered with a goal of 100% of our students returning on a daily basis starting on September 8. Kindergarten has its own unique schedule. Click here for the grades K-12 daily scheduleI would also like to remind you that we are constantly monitoring this situation and that our plans could change (staying with our goal of a return of 100% of the students on Sept. 8, continuing our 50% return for longer, and/or going 100% remote.) Our plan is a living document and is subject to change as we receive new information. We will continue to provide more details and information when applicable and as soon as we can. 


Please make sure that you have read our Fall 2020 Reset and Restart Plan. There are many links in the document that have important information. Click here for the planAlso,continue to pay close attention to emails from your building principal about back to school information.


Transportation

I also wanted to provide you an update on transportation. Due to the March levy failure, ineligibility zones for both BCI and BMS have been increased to very near the state 2 mile minimum. Stephen Bell’s zone has not changed since last year. Click on the link to view the new ineligibility zones. http://www.sugarcreek.k12.oh.us/TransportationZones.aspx. An additional ramification of the levy failure is that we will no longer be offering bus service to our high school students. Transportation will still be provided to the GCCC (pickup and drop is in front of the SEC). 


Starting August 10, you can visit the Transportation page on the district website to see if your child(ren) will be eligible for bus service: http://www.sugarcreek.k12.oh.us/StudentBusInfo.aspx

Click on the Versatrans e-Link and then use your child’s ID# for both the username and password. First click on Students, then View My Students, click on your child’s name, then click on Show Transportation Information. If the Status states No Bus then your child will not be receiving bus service this school year. If it shows a pick up spot, then it will be receiving bus service.


School start and end times for 2020-21 school year are as follows: 

Bellbrook High School - 8:20am-3:20pm (students may enter the building at 8:05am)

Bellbrook Middle School - 7:50am-2:50pm (students may enter the building at 7:35am)

Bell Creek Intermediate - 8am-3:00pm (students may enter the building at 7:40am)

Stephen Bell Elementary - 9:00am-3:40pm (students may enter the building at 8:50am)

Preschool - AM: 9:05am-11:35am, PM: 12:50pm-3:20pm

 

If you have questions please contact [email protected]

← BACK
Print This Article
© 2020. Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Schools. All Rights Reserved.
View text-based website