Quick Facts

Quick Facts About Our School Lunches

We receive questions all the time on our food service extensions. To help better serve you, we came up with the most frequently asked about facts that have to do with the food service we provide at the school.

  1. We accept three forms of payment. You may send in cash or check. Please write the full name of the account you want the money applied to on the envelope. All checks should be written out to "Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Schools." In the memo, put all children you want the money added to and any written explanation of how you want the funds split.  You can also go to www.payschoolscentral.com and add money. There is a convenience fee for online payments only. If you have a student who attends Greene County Career Center, their balance in Payschools will not transfer with them. Both districts are separate entities. You have the option to refund what is on the account or we can transfer funds to another child. Please contact Jennifer for more information.

  1. We ask all parents take advantage of www.payschoolscentral.com to set up low-balance alerts, even if you intend to send cash or check. The website is free. When setting this alert, we recommend you set it to $5. This will send an alert when you're close to needing money, versus when you have run out. We will send low-balance emails at least weekly, so you know exactly when your children are getting low on funds.
    1. Payschools is a third-party website. If you are experiencing issues with the site, please contact their help desk at 1-877-393-6628. They are available from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. You also can watch these videos which can assist you with any issues you may be having on the website. 

  1. You must have money in your account to purchase snacks and a la carte items. We are not permitted to charge these items. Please be sure to discuss this with your student/students and whether or not they are permitted to purchase snacks. If you need a snack restriction placed on the account, please contact Jennifer Hoehn or Marcia Coons at the contact listed below to discuss options.

  1. If you have multiple children and notice one has enough to transfer funds to other siblings, call or email Jennifer Hoehn or Marcia Coons at the contact listed below. Please give at least 24 hours notice.

  1. You may access all our information on the school website. Go to programs and select food service or click here: https://bit.ly/BSSfood. We have listed links and additional information you may find helpful. Please call or email if you need further assistance.

  1. If your child has dietary needs, please contact Jennifer. We can discuss the best solutions for your child. We also support the SoHappy App, which allows you to view our allergens, ingredients and nutritional information. Click the link on the left side of the page to find the SoHappy App QR codes for an easy download. Please refer to our board policy regarding food substitutions. Also, please fill out this special diet accommodation form.

  1. If your children were on free and reduced from 2022-23, they will receive free and reduced meals until September 25. All statuses will go back to paid unless we have a current 2023-2024 application on file. You may fill out a form online at www.payschoolscentral.com or request a paper form from your school building.


Jennifer Hoehn

General Manager of Food Services

Phone: 937-848-5001 ext. 6105

[email protected]

Marcia Coons

Food Service Clerk

937-848-5001 ext. 3112

[email protected]

© 2024. Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Schools. All Rights Reserved.