The Food Committee provides meals to members, staff, chaperones and pit crew during away competitions and other events via our Bird Feeder.
The Bird Feeder is a 24-foot long trailer that is like a kitchen on wheels. It has a microwave, full size refrigerator, 10 cubic foot chest freezer, warmer, full size grill, etc.
In the past, the food committee provided meals for the students and support team at the following events:
- Band Camp
- BOA Regional Competitions (Dayton, Toledo, etc.)
- Indianapolis Grand National BOA
The food committee also helps with the following:
- Organizing the Marching Band Send-Off Dinner before Grand Nats (family donations)
- Helping to organize the Annual Marching Band Banquet, with the help of the Social Committee
- Typically helps coodinate concessions for our Fall and Winter Invitationals
- Puts together breakfast and/or snack bags for various competitions
Helping with the Food Committee could be as simple as baking cookies, helping prepare/cook/clean up one meal, or spending Grand Nationals with us. We will take whatever help you are willing to give. The Food Committee is the kind of activity where you can spend time with the kids or just work in the trailer, depending on your preference.
What better support can you provide than putting a smile on the Band members faces by putting food in their bellies?
Contact any Booster Board Member or our Food Committee Chair, Becky Hobbs at email@example.com